## What is the Lion Pose in Yoga (Simhasana)?
The Lion Pose in Yoga, or Simhasana, is an powerful asana that helps to strengthen, relax, and focus the body and mind. It is also known as the “fierce pose” for its aggressive posture, which requires the practitioner to arch their back, stretch open their chest and abdomen, and open their mouth in a big lion-like roar.
The benefits of this pose include increased sexual energy and creativity, improved focus and concentration, relief from stress and tension, improved beath, aid in digestion, and improved overall emotional wellbeing.
## How to do the Lion Pose?
The Lion Pose is an intermediate yoga asana, and you should take the time to warm up properly before attempting this pose. Here’s how to do it:
* Sit down in a comfortable cross-legged position.
* Place your palms on your knees.
* Exhale, and stretch your tongue outwards, sticking it out as far as possible (it is not necessary to do this, but it adds to the intensity of the pose).
* Inhale deeply and arch your upper back and chest outward. Squeeze your shoulder blades together, and tilt your head back.
* Open your eyes wide and make a roaring sound with your mouth.
* Take 8-10 deep breaths in this pose and then release.
## Benefits of Doing the Lion Pose
Simhasana is a powerful posture, and has multiple benefits for physical, mental and spiritual health. Here are some of the proven benefits of doing this pose.
#### Physical Benefits
* Stretches the shoulders, chest and abdomen, and aligns the spine.
* Massages the face, neck and throat, and improves blood circulation in these areas.
* Strengthens the back, abdominal, and thigh muscles.
* Stimulates the organs in the abdominal cavity, aiding in digestion and elimination.
#### Mental and Emotional Benefits
* Calms the mind and reduces stress and anxiety.
* Increases focus and concentration.
* Awakens sexual energy and creativity.
* Helps to awaken hidden energies and inner potential.
* Supports emotional wellbeing and helps to uncover hidden emotions and deeper truths.
#### Spiritual Benefits
* Balances the 5 fundamental elements of nature.
* Reduces fear and encourages bravery.
* Awakens a connection to intuition and inner wisdom.
* Connects the practitioner to the deeper creative power within.
I am passionate about yoga and this is my blog. I have been practicing yoga for over 10 years and teaching for 5. Yoga has transformed my life in so many ways and I love being able to share that with others. My hope is that through this blog, I can help people learn more about yoga, connect with other yogis, and find inspiration to live a healthier, happier life.