The 5-Minute Yoga Sequence For Better Sleep
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of how to get better sleep, but incorporating a yoga sequence into your bedtime routine may help. Yoga has been shown to be beneficial for sleep quality, partly because it can help to relax the body and mind.
If you’re looking to add a yoga sequence to your bedtime routine, this 5-minute sequence is a great place to start. It’s a simple sequence that can be done easily in your bedroom, and it’s designed to help you relax and prepare for a good night’s sleep.
1. Start by lying down on your back in shavasana ( corpse pose ). Close your eyes and focus on your breath, taking a few deep breaths in and out.
2. Once you feel relaxed, slowly begin to move through the following sequence.
3. Cat-Cow Pose: Come to all fours, with your hands below your shoulders and your knees below your hips. Inhale as you arch your back and look up, and exhale as you round your back and tuck your chin. Continue moving through cat-cow pose for about 30 seconds.
4. Downward-Facing Dog Pose: From all fours, press into your hands and feet and lift your hips up and back, coming into Downward-Facing Dog Pose. Hold for a few breaths, then release back to all fours.
5. Child’s Pose: Come to your knees and sit back on your heels, then extend your arms out in front of you and lay your torso down between your thighs. Hold for a few breaths, then release back to all fours.
6. Seated Forward Bend: Sit up tall with your legs extended in front of you. Fold forward from the hips, keeping your spine long. Hold for a few breaths, then release.
7. Legs-Up-the-Wall Pose: Move to the wall and lie down on your back, then scoot your bottom up to the wall. Extend your legs up the wall and relax your arms by your sides. Stay in this pose for 5-10 minutes.
8. Savasana: Finish by lying down in shavasana for 5-10 minutes. Relax your body and mind, and allow yourself to drift off to sleep.
If you’re looking for a more in-depth yoga sequence to help you sleep, check out our 7-Day Bedtime Yoga Challenge. This challenge includes a different yoga sequence each day, plus tips for improving your sleep quality.
Hot Yoga 26 Poses In Sequence
1. Mountain pose
2. Downward-facing dog
3. Half Camel
4. Half Moon
5. Chair pose
6. Triangle pose
7. Extended Triangle
8. Warrior 1
9. Warrior 2
10. Reverse Warrior
11. Triangle pose with arm up
12. Pyramid pose
13. Camel pose
14. Cow Face pose
15. Child’s pose
16. Happy Baby
17. Fish pose
18. Seated Spinal Twist
19. Bridge pose
20. Wheel pose
21. Half Camel pose
22. Half Moon pose
23. Chair pose with arm up
24. Triangle pose with arm down
25. Extended Triangle pose
26. Warrior 3
Gentle Yoga Sequence Video
This gentle yoga sequence video is perfect for beginners and those who are looking for a relaxing practice. The sequence includes basic poses that will help to warm up the body and stretch the muscles.
The video begins with a few simple poses to help you warm up. These include Cat-Cow, Downward-Facing Dog, and Extended Triangle. Next, you will move into a sequence of gentle poses that will help to stretch the muscles and increase flexibility. These poses include Half Camel, Runner’s Lunge, and Triangle.
The sequence ends with a few calming poses that will help to relax the body and mind. These poses include Seated Forward Bend, Corpse Pose, and Legs-Up-the-Wall.
This gentle yoga sequence video is a great way to start your day or to relax after a long day. The poses are easy to follow and can be modified to fit your needs.
Heart Opening Yoga Sequence Restorative
This heart opening yoga sequence is designed to help you open your heart and release any blocked energy or emotions that you may be holding on to. The sequence is gentle and restorative, and is perfect for beginners or those who are new to yoga.
The sequence begins with some simple warm-up poses to get your body moving and your heart open. Then you will move on to the main sequence, which includes a variety of poses that will help to open your heart and release any blocked energy or emotions. The sequence ends with a few final poses to help you relax and restore.
So if you are feeling blocked or closed off, or if you simply want to open your heart and experience more love and compassion in your life, try this heart opening yoga sequence. It may just change your life.
Summer Solstice Yoga Flow Sequence
As we move in to the heart of summer, the longest day of the year arrives. On the Summer Solstice, we can harness the abundant energy of the sun to energize our yoga practice. This sequence is designed to open up the body and mind, preparing you for a blissful summer season.
Warm up with some basic sun salutations to get your blood flowing. Then move in to a sequence of standing poses to open up the hips and chest. Next, move in to a sequence of backbends to open up the spine. Finally, move in to a sequence of forward folds to cool down and release any tension.
The Summer Solstice is a time to celebrate the light and the joy of summer. May this sequence help you to open up to the limitless potential of the season ahead. Namaste.
I am passionate about yoga and this is my blog. I have been practicing yoga for over 10 years and teaching for 5. Yoga has transformed my life in so many ways and I love being able to share that with others. My hope is that through this blog, I can help people learn more about yoga, connect with other yogis, and find inspiration to live a healthier, happier life.